Thursday, November 5, 2009

Some more articles from The Apple


I talked about The Apple before, twice. It is a great website, from Monster.com, that articles, lessons, resources, advice, and forums for teachers.

Many of the articles are just lists with some information, but they are a great way to get a discussion started or you can use their list as a basis for more in depth reviews.

Today I read the article "The Top 10 Qualities of a Great Teacher". While it is limited in depth and kind of vague, it is a great resource to use as a discussion. I also think it is a great list to post on your classroom wall as a reminder to yourself of the qualities you want to possess.

Some other articles I found today:

"15 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Becoming a Teacher" - use this with your new teachers and give them some advice on dealing with the issues listed.

"9 Reasons to Quit Teaching and 10 Reasons to Stay" - interesting read if nothing else.

"15 Reasons Teachers are Great" - nice to read when you are having a bad day.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...