- My Favorite Resources for Teachers and Students
- Create a Personal Learning Network
- Google for Education Resources
- Evernote for Education
- Android for Education
- Great Resources from Discovery Education
- Project Based Learning Resources
- STEM (Science, Tech, Engineering, Math) Resources
- Speaking and Consulting Services
- Advertise on this site
- About the author and blog
Friday, December 16, 2011
Shmoop - resources to help make learning more fun and relevant
Shmoop is a site that provides resources and information to help "make learning and writing more fun and relevant".
The site is written by educators and experts in each area and there are resources, links, information, and activities to help students learn literature, history, economics, math, and science, along with college prep, standardized test prep and study help. There are also teacher resources to help teachers use Shmoop with their students.
Each subject area has an overview, in depth topics, vocabulary, real world applications, links, study materials and practice quizzes.
This is a great resource for teachers to use with their students, or for students to use independently for extra help and practice.