- My Favorite Resources for Teachers and Students
- Create a Personal Learning Network
- Google for Education Resources
- Evernote for Education
- Android for Education
- Great Resources from Discovery Education
- Project Based Learning Resources
- STEM (Science, Tech, Engineering, Math) Resources
- Speaking and Consulting Services
- Advertise on this site
- About the author and blog
Wednesday, January 4, 2012
Infographic - consequences of teaching to the test
Standardized testing is a huge issue right now. Politicians, and testing companies, want more testing and they want to base teacher performance on this tests. Federal dollars are tied to testing scores. Research shows that these tests are not valid measures of learning. Schools are changing curriculum to teach to the test since it seems that the only thing the government and people care about is test scores. This is a bad situation.
Here is an infographic that shows the problems with these tests and policies.