- My Favorite Resources for Teachers and Students
- Create a Personal Learning Network
- Google for Education Resources
- Evernote for Education
- Android for Education
- Great Resources from Discovery Education
- Project Based Learning Resources
- STEM (Science, Tech, Engineering, Math) Resources
- Speaking and Consulting Services
- Advertise on this site
- About the author and blog
Monday, January 23, 2012
National STEM Video Game Challenge
The National STEM Video Game Challenge is a multi-year competition to motivate interest in STEM through video games. Video games, both playing and creating, can teach higher-order thinking skills, including analysis, problem solving, planning and communication. The challenge is a game making challenge.
Game based learning is a great way for students to learn skills and a great way to make STEM topics more engaging for students.
There are categories for Middle School, High School, College, and even for Educators. Prizes include laptops, software and money.
The site has resources for game design and creation, as well as STEM resources.
This is a great resource for any STEM educator to use with their students, or even as an after-school activity.