- My Favorite Resources for Teachers and Students
- Create a Personal Learning Network
- Google for Education Resources
- Evernote for Education
- Android for Education
- Great Resources from Discovery Education
- Project Based Learning Resources
- STEM (Science, Tech, Engineering, Math) Resources
- Speaking and Consulting Services
- Advertise on this site
- About the author and blog
Tuesday, February 7, 2012
Today is Safer Internet Day! promote safer and more responsible use of online technology
Today, Tuesday, February 7th, is Safer Internet Day! It was organized in Europe as a way to promote safer internet practices and use, especially by children.
This is a great opportunity for all educators to talk to their students about being safe online and what to be wary of when on the web. The site has some great videos and resources to help teach about online safety.
Check out the Safer Internet Day site for resources to help you: http://www.saferinternetday.org/
Also, check out these resources below:
Internet Safety Resources - help students stay safe online
Discovery Education Web 20.11 - great internet safety resources.
Google Good to Know - online safety and data info
Google Family Safety Center - help promote safety online.
Web safety resource
Google Plus now open to Teens, with safety features
PBS Teachers - Excellent Resources for Educators - has resources on internet safety
10 Tech Skills Every Student Should Have
Top 10 Resources from Discovery Education - all free - internet safety lessons too