- My Favorite Resources for Teachers and Students
- Create a Personal Learning Network
- Google for Education Resources
- Evernote for Education
- Android for Education
- Great Resources from Discovery Education
- Project Based Learning Resources
- STEM (Science, Tech, Engineering, Math) Resources
- Speaking and Consulting Services
- Advertise on this site
- About the author and blog
Thursday, May 24, 2012
DNS Charger Issue - Google notifying users through search
Public Service Announcement:
DNSCharger is malware botnet shut down in 2011 by the FBI and computer groups through some re-routing of internet servers. Most people are fine, but many computers - personal, corporate, and government - are still at risk. The FBI is shutting down the fix in July and many people will lose internet access if they don't apply the fix by then. Google is helping by notifying users that they have the infection when they use Google's search page. This should help people make the fix before the shut down.
You can also go here: http://www.dcwg.org/ to see if your computer is infected and make the fix.
Please share this with your friends, colleagues, and students.