- My Favorite Resources for Teachers and Students
- Create a Personal Learning Network
- Google for Education Resources
- Evernote for Education
- Android for Education
- Great Resources from Discovery Education
- Project Based Learning Resources
- STEM (Science, Tech, Engineering, Math) Resources
- Speaking and Consulting Services
- Advertise on this site
- About the author and blog
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
The Endangered Languages Project: Supporting language preservation through technology and collaboration
Google has a new project it is a part of: The Endangered Languages Project: Supporting language preservation through technology and collaboration that is pretty cool. The Endangered Languages Project, is a website for people to find and share the most up-to-date and comprehensive information about endangered languages. It is a way to try to preserve over 3000 languages that are on the verge of becoming extinct. Preserving these languages, and the cultures that go with them, is an important project.
The project is working to make recordings of people speaking the languages, as well as documenting as much as possible about the languages. Through the site, people can upload and access research, advice, information, resources, manuscripts, videos, audio and more.
This is a great resource for our world, and also for teachers and students to use to learn about these languages and cultures, as well as contribute to the project.
Here's more about it: http://www.endangeredlanguages.com/